“Do not be afraid, but speak, and
do not keep silent; for I am with you, and no one will attack you to harm you,
for I have many people in this city.”
— Acts 18:10
While Paul was in Corinth, God spoke to him in a
vision. After facing persecution in many places
Paul may have felt afraid or discouraged. God encouraged him to keep preaching by giving him three promises.
1. "For I
am with you." (Acts 18:11)
- Paul remained in Corinth for 18 months, boldly teaching God's Word because he was strengthened by God's presence.
2.
"No one
will attack you to harm you." (Acts 18:14–16)
- When Paul was brought before Gallio, God protected him. The charges were dismissed, and Paul was neither arrested nor harmed.
3.
"For I
have many people in this city." (Acts 18:8, 11)
-
God was
already working in Corinth. Crispus, his household, and many Corinthians
believed in the Lord, and many more came to faith during Paul's ministry.
God's presence, protection, and sovereign plan gave Paul the
courage to continue serving faithfully despite opposition. The same God is with
us today as we faithfully obey His calling.
Reflections:
1.
What fear is keeping me from obeying
God's calling?
2.
Will I continue sharing the gospel
even if I face rejection?
3.
Am I trusting God to work in
people's hearts, even when I don't see immediate results?
Like Paul, may we faithfully obey God's calling, trusting
that God is already at work and that His purposes will always be accomplished.
-------------------------------------
ELDER BAYIS - JCRC HANOI
No comments:
Post a Comment